"Overall we were very please with the facility provided by K. Wohltman Construction, Inc. We were under a tight time frame and K. Wohltman Construction found the solution to our needs by shipping the structural steel in two different phases. This helped us to meet our deadline. K. Wohltman Construction also provided a high quality SSR roof for a weathertight system on our building and helped us to design an alternative equipment screen that was a longer lasting, better option than the original." - Robert G. Willenborg, Building Owner
The traditional approach to construction involves an appointment with a designer on one side and an appointment with a contractor on the other side. In the Design/Build approach, there is only one point of contact in the construction process. In this approach, you and K. Wohltman Construction act as a team in determining the requirements and specifications of any new projects. We have found this approach to be timelier, less costly, and more enjoyable to everyone involved.
1. A project kick-off meeting is scheduled to establish the functional, aesthetic, economic and schedule requirements for the proposed development. K. Wohltman Construction, Inc. will use prepared checklists to facilitate conversation and ensure that all required information is conveyed and understood.
2. Based on the information received in the kick-off meeting, K. Wohltman Construction, Inc. can assemble the Architectural, Civil, and Structural designers needed to fully assess your project requirements. At this point, an in-depth study will be conducted consisting of the following steps:
• Generation of a site plan showing the proposed structure’s optimal location, building expansion areas and all site improvements, such as site drive lanes, parking and dock areas, walkways and landscaped areas.
• Generation of floor plans showing the interior layout at office and warehouse areas based on the program developed in the kick-off meeting.
• Generation of preliminary building elevations.
• All preliminary site plans, floor plans and building elevations will be forwarded to you for approval. Once approved, these documents shall serve as the preliminary project plans.
• While K. Wohltman Construction, Inc. is very comfortable leading the design team, we have also been involved in many successful projects where the owner directs the design team while K. Wohltman Construction, Inc. helps provide cost effective solutions to design issues.
• With the preliminary project plans, K. Wohltman Construction, Inc. will begin the process of generating a price for your project. Generation of this proposal will consist of the following steps:
♦ K. Wohltman Construction, Inc. will use in-house cost databases in addition to national and local subcontractor and vendor input to create an economic model for the project. Various options and alternatives will also be evaluated on a cost and schedule basis and presented with the proposal. These costs will be broken down in a specific manner as is appropriate for the proposed project.
♦ A complete project schedule will be developed showing pre-construction, design, permitting and construction tasks and durations. This schedule will clearly denote the assumed lost work-days due to weather.
♦ In order to further establish the baseline scope of work, we will create an outline specification denoting all work included and excluded. This specification will cover all work in detail.
♦ The last component of the proposal is the actual proposal letter that will define the project economics. The price will be presented in person so that K. Wohltman Construction, Inc. has the opportunity to completely cover the project scope of work, schedule and costs with you. We believe that a well-organized presentation and understanding of the work by all parties are the keys to the start of a successful project. The actual proposal consists of a bound document with five basic sections:
■ Proposal letter
■ Preliminary Project Plans
■ Outline Specifications
■ Project Schedule
■ Project Options/Alternatives
♦ The only risk you have at this time is that risk associated with concealed or unknown conditions such as soils and existing topography. K. Wohltman Construction, Inc. can facilitate a geotechnical and a civil topographic survey. These costs are typically minimal relative to the overall project costs and the risk associated with these unknowns. K. Wohltman Construction, Inc. is willing to coordinate these services per your request. If you choose to have K. Wohltman Construction, Inc. perform these services, we can eliminate these project risks.